Sunday 10 August 2014

Oh no the big 60!

Life in the Hewison household has been a little manic lately, hence I have sadly neglected my little blog.  Mr T and I both had a special birthday within five days of each other.  We still can not believe we are so old!!! Thomas's Christening was last weekend so it has been a time of family celebrations.

lots of lovely cards and gifts
 
beautifully presented gifts from Gill W and Karen
 
flowers and herbs picked on the morning of my birthday
 
taken out for a birthday lunch (even if I did pour my French dressing into my teacup)
Mr T and I received wonderful good wishes, gifts and cards, afternoon teas' from family, friends, blogging and facebook friends.  A good time was had by all and it is still continuing.....
 
Thomas's Christening took place last Sunday, the sun shone all day, it was another lovely family occasion.  Thom was a little star, he only cried when baptised, he tried to stop the Vicar putting any more water on him by putting his hand in his way.  We all enjoyed our day, happy memories to treasure.  He looked so cute in his grown up linen outfit, we never knew Monsoon sold boys outfits and came across it by accident.  Emily had ordered some lovely soft leather shoes with his initial on them. 
 
 
Thom's Monsoon ensemble
 
cute as a button
 
 
Coco atop Thom's cake - it tasted as good as it looked!
 
Back to normal now although we have three afternoon tea visits to go - it's a hard life but someone's gotta eat cake!!!  Bye for now, until next time.  Next stop Cornwall to visit my lovely facebook friend Marilyn xx
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. You are not 60 Jayne...surely not!
    Blooming heck what is your secret??
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne - you are 60 years young not 60 years old!
    Beautiful fresh gifts and cards and forced to eat cake over and over.
    Life doesn't get much better. What a joyous occasion for your little grandson
    in his dapper outfit!
    Sending hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday, dear Jayne! It sounds like you both had wonderful specials days. What a cute outfit for little Thomas.
    Have a lovely week!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to you both. Give my love to Marilyn when you see her. I've just come back from Festival of Quilts in Birmingham - great but now tired.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thomas looks as if he will give that Beau Brummell of daytime television... Tim Wonnacott a run for his money.

    Happy belated birthday fellow Leos... still a bit to catch me up!

    LLX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday to you both!
    Don't worry about being 60 - there are advantages to getting older - just look at "lettice leaf"'s latest blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! Glad you had a wonderful time,
    Lots od love Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jayne, you both have had such wonderful dayes, first celebrating your birthdayes ,-congratulations again, dear, and also congratulations with the christening of your grandchild. What wonderful dress the little man was wearing, and the shoes...oh my !!--- I`m happy for you, your day of being 60, was such a wonderful day!!
    Hugs from Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Belated Birthday Jayne xxx I am sorry I missed it I hope you had a lovely time even if its a big one!! many more to come xxx

    I love the little striped waistcoat, it fab to find interesting boys clothes...wished they did it in my size xx
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them.