Tuesday 3 July 2012

Bags, Tags and a trip to the Post Office

Just a quick post to tell you about my week so far.  My first ever internet order via my blog (thank you L) and the Harrogate Home & Gift Fair drawing near, made my thoughts turn to packaging.  As my work is all hand-made, I do like the idea of producing hand rendered tags and gift bags to compliment my accessories.


brown paper printed tags and hand painted doillies


indian block printed and stamped


I was happy with the outcome of the tags so as I had some lovely quality brown paper carrier bags I decorated one of them with my doilleys and made a matching tag.


 my first ever blog order- dip dyed and printed linen corsages x 2



a matching item

I made several different combinations, folded, centred, torn etc and decided on the design below.


the whole kit and caboodle!

and so - the corsages were tissued, labelled and tagged, placed in the carrier, jiffy bagged, addressed and taken to the Post Office.  They are winging their way to my lovely bloggy friend - hope she likes them!!

Have a lovely week, the sun is struggling to shine, let's hope the rain stays away.

Jayne x



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous corsages Jayne, I am sure someone is going to be very pleased when they open their parcel.
    With presentation like that too, I am sure Harrogate will be a great success.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know your bloggy friend is going to be delighted with her parcel, such beautiful handmade packaging is always a delight and well worth the effort xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that the postie I hear? No... Drat!

    LLX

    ReplyDelete
  4. The complete package is "simply" beautiful. You should be so proud of your sale - it's gorgeous!
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful corsages...love the packaging you have designed too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh what a beautiful package - very individual!
    I've enjoyed browsing your blog, I love your colour palette and all your attention to detail. Your great photography captures the beauty of all the lace and many textures in your creations
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your very complimentary comments, I love hearing your opinions. jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, thanks for leaving a lovely comment on my blog. I nearly did the Harrogate Home and Gift Fair, but I'm not sure I could face another show just yet. I'm still recovering from the terrible show in June! Anyway I'm sure you'll do well because your work is stunning- be positive and enjoy yourself. You'll learn a lot from just attending the show.
    Have fun.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jayne, your packaging and tags love beautiful, such dedicated attention to detail as usual. Your beautiful products will look amazing wrapped with your thoughtful care. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your lovely thoughtfull comments. I really do appreciate them all jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. As my work is all hand-made, I do like the idea of producing hand rendered tags and gift bags to compliment my accessories. drawstring carrier bags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them.